Oxford Student's Dictionary for learners using English to study other subjects
A new edition of the dictionary for learners using English to study other subjects, or preparing for IELTS or TOEFL® exams
Updated with the latest vocabulary and NEW iGuide on the CD-ROM, the Oxford Student's Dictionary helps students learn the vocabulary they need to study other subjects in English (Biology, Maths, Science, Travel and Tourism, etc).
Updated with hundreds of new words, the Oxford
Student's Dictionary is a corpus-based dictionary with the curricular,
academic and general English vocabulary students need to know to study other
subjects in English. It helps students prepare for international exams such as
TOEFL® and IELTS.
The CD-ROM includes the complete dictionary and allows students to search for words by subject or topic and to create their own word lists in the My Topics Dictionary.
NEW on the CD-ROM: the iGuide, an interactive tutorial to help students explore dictionary entries.
- 500 new words
- Over 52,000 words, phrases and meanings in British and American English with curricular words highlighted
- Over 30,000 example sentences show how words are used
- Collocations and thesaurus boxes help students expand their vocabulary and sound more natural
- 40 Reference pages help students improve their academic writing and study skills
- Over 200 diagrams and illustrations make it easier to understand and describe scientific and technical processes
- Oxford 3000™ keyword entries show students the most important words to know in English, and Academic Word list words are also clearly marked
- CD-ROM includes the full A-Z dictionary, Oxford Wordfinder Dictionary, the NEW iGuide, Oxford Genie, Topic Dictionary, My Topics Dictionary, plus language games and exercises to build vocabulary and practise for exams
Oxford Student's Dictionary Third Edition
- Издательство: Oxford University Press
- ISBN: 9780194331357
- Наличие: Есть в наличии